Old November 23rd 06, 08:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
fudog50

Default China sub stalked U.S. fleet

This is why I am happy to still be serving and attached to a "Carrier
Strike Group". i get to see the real truth. After 25 years nothing
has changed, just the players. After returning from the last cruise in
August on Lincoln, the status quo has not changed. People not in the
know tend to take what CNN, WT and other media org.'s publish as
"real". They do not publish "untruths", but rarely ever tell the whole
story. That being said, the most truthful comment read here so far is
that beyond a "shadow" of a doubt there was at least an LA class on
their ass the whole time waiting for an external hatch to open. Those
in the know realize there are "joint ops", acts of aggression and acts
of war. A sub trailing our fleet and allowing us to practice trailing
and getting valuable signature data was a joint op, beneficial to us
and was not an act of war or aggression. Opening a door is...this has
been going on for 30 years, Chinese and Russian,,enough said.

On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 03:40:13 GMT, "DDAY"
wrote:

----------
In article , Ricardo
wrote:

Check on their recent submarine acquisitions, diesel and nuclear.

Uh huh. How many? Two? Three?

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Asi...fic/wm1001.cfm

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20...3134-8152r.htm

Have a look - and think about it!

Well, The Heritage Foundation says the answer is--four. And also accuses
the US Navy of ignoring the threat. That's kinda funny, actually, because
the submarine service would be jumping all over this if it's true. I have a
glossy brochure that they produced over a decade ago warning about all the
submarines that the Russians were launching, and that didn't happen.

Something that frequently gets lost in the hype about Chinese "force
modernization" is that in many cases they are not really increasing their
numbers. They're simply replacing badly outdated equipment. Their sub
fleet is ancient, so they're modernizing it.

Don't believe all the hype. Yeah, they're building weapons, but it's not at
a great rate.