Old September 4th 12, 03:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

Default PowerFLARM protocol version 6

On Sep 4, 7:14*am, "kirk.stant" wrote:

Glad you see ADS-B targets now.

re"On first look, I would say the Butterfly people need to tweak their
PCAS display a bit for the US market: the distance ring needs to be
thicker (and green if no conflict (above/below), "

The PCAS range ring goes red when indicating a conflict. Thanks to
the local helicopter traffic I have photos of that. Trouble is that,
when the conflict exist, the range ring is very small and not very
attention getting. It does not auto scale change and perhaps it
should.

I have also seen the dedicated warning screen for a helicopter
overflight. Maybe that one was ADS-B out equipped. Unfortunately was
not fast enough to get a picture.

To really understand how this display works we either need much better
documentation or a PC based simulator that can drive the display
directly. I'm thinking of setting up a few static test cases but
don't plan on taking on anything more ambitious than that.

Andy (GY)