Old March 16th 18, 03:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Senna Van den Bosch

Default First glider to buy 10-20k euro's

Op vrijdag 16 maart 2018 16:02:13 UTC+1 schreef Tom BravoMike:
After having spoken to a few DG/Libelle/Cirrus owners I am really considering the Libelle. What would be the points to look out for when buying one, in your opinion?

In the Wikipedia article:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glasflügel_H-201

it says:"they are quite sensitive to sideslipping and have relatively ineffective air brakes that make short landings tricky for inexperienced pilots". I wonder what 'sensitive to sideslipping' means in this case.

From what I've heard is that performance decreases very fast when you slip it. So you must fly it pretty accurate with the string in the middle.