Old December 27th 07, 03:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Steven Barnes

Default Seeking advice- checkride tips

If you have a flight sim on your PC, use it. Right before I took my CFII
ride, I practiced a DME arc at the airport where the examiner was. Botched
it horribly. Tried again later & got it. A few days later on my checkride, I
had to "teach" the examiner that same arc (although it was around the other
side).

That bit of practice probably saved me from a re-test.

I agree with other people's comments. An examiner actually *hopes* for a few
small mistakes to see how you correct for them.

"Terence Wilson" wrote in message
I'm scheduled for the instrument check-ride in a couple of weeks. I
feel like I can perform within the PTS, but I'm a little" rough around
the edges" and prone to at least one stupid screw-up per flight, most
of the time I catch the screw-ups myself and fix them in a reasonable
time.

That said, I was wondering whether the experienced contributers here
might offer some advice for the day of my check-ride. My main concern
is that I might be so nervous that I bungle the easy stuff.

Best,

Terence