Old September 26th 08, 12:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mick[_2_]

Default Airplanes and Brakes?

wrote in message
On Sep 16, 9:08 am, "Mick" @_#`~#@.^net wrote:
"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message

On Sep 16, 8:38 am, "Mick" @_#`~#@.^net wrote:

"Stealth Pilot" wrote in message

.. .

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 12:55:09 -0700 (PDT), Dudley Henriques
wrote:

The way I would present this
issue is to simply say that brakes are put on the airplane to hold it
for the run up check and for use ONLY when your pre-planned use of
aerodynamic forces available to you, or your steering capabilities
won't make the necessary change in direction.
In other words, you shouldn't be using them on takeoff, landing, and
even while taxiing if your planning is adequate for the situation.
I like the general rule that dictates that brakes on an airplane
should be used as little as possible.

Dudley Henriques

you know that I posted a comment along this exact line of thought
about a month ago I got bagged by nearly everyone for over a week.
I'm still correct in what I wrote and you evidently are in agreement.

:-)
Stealth Pilot

No, it just mean you are both wrong.

Don't think so.

Sure, jump on the band wagon Dumley.

So brakes were no put on aircraft to stop them. You're both full of it.

Using brakes to stop a plane is like using a pier to stop a boat.

And you are, in truth if not in fact, a waste of air.

And you, a half assed sock puppet.