Old January 25th 04, 12:20 PM
John Mullen

Spiv wrote:

(snip)

DeValera ordered all lights to
always remain on and added more. This clearly was not to protect

Dublin

at all, it was a clear effective beacon to guide planes to Liverpool.

Please provide some evidence to support this or else stop making these
ridiculous claims. Failing that I will stop reading or responding to
your posts.

Actually coastal cities are fairly easy to find even when blacked out.
Read up on Hamburg etc. No need for your urban myth!

You obviously didn't know where Liverpool was. In a full moon they are
easy enough. At one point the whole of the Manchester Ship canal was spayed
with sawdust to prevent it shining back. German bomber coming in from the
east could follow the canal to Liverpool in a good moon.

Coming from anyone else I would consider this interesting, even
plausible. Coming from you, I think it's likely just more made-up
rubbish. Unless of course you can point me to some evidence. A book,
even a web address? But I don't suppose you can, eh?

(snip)

By your name you are Irish or of Irish decent. And yes the Irish did light
up Dublin with extra lights. Don't like that do you?

My grandfather was indeed Irish. I assure you my preference for truth
over bull**** is not one based on Irish nationalism but rather a
fundamental belief that true things are better than false ones. Sorry
you apparently don't share this preference.

As I said, put up or shut up.

John