Old June 21st 05, 04:09 AM
Chris W

David O wrote:

Chris W wrote:

Do we have any who is a math whiz here? I want to find a formula to
calculate the position of an airplane throughout a 1G roll. The reason
I'm doing this is so I can build a "roll track" for a remote control car
so the car will alway have a positive g force on it to keep it on the
track. Anyone have any ideas? So far my attempts have have all come up
short. They don't pass what my college calculus instructor called the
"warm and fuzzy" test. I think it has been too long since I took those
classes.

Chris,

I suggest that you forget about trying to model the path of an
airplane in a 1 G roll and, instead, make your car track a simple
helix. With a simple helix you should be able to keep your car's
front wheels straight as the car goes through the helix. Now for the
details...

Why didn't I think of that. That is a much simpler solution. I can
even do those calculations but thanks for doing them for me. If I get a
3d model going I will send you an image.

--
Chris W

Gift Giving Made Easy
Get the gifts you want &