Old May 27th 11, 01:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Brian Whatcott

Default Flight Plan Overdue.

My wife took a call coupla days ago. From a Florida Air Force Base.
She asked me to call them.
"Your plane is overdue". I confirmed the number, but told them I
believed it was still in its open tee hangar. I called back when the
line chief checked. I offered his opinion - "probably somebody
fat-fingered the tail number on his flight plan.

My wife called me again - 30 minutes later: A Florida Coast Guard rep
called - but apologized when he heard the AF contact had got to us first
- said he would get details from them.

Good to know there a no-nonsense first step built into the overdue
flight plan - call the owner of record.
Hope I don't get any calls home for real!

Brian Whatcott