Old July 31st 19, 11:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SoaringXCellence

Default Wing Contour?

All,

two stories:

One of my fellow pilots wanted to re-finish his LS-4. He loved the way is glider handled and other performance so he made templates from the existing wing surface and maintained it when refinishing.

Another friend and I both have Mini Nimbus or Mosquito wings, that ostensibly were created from the same molds. He took the time to plot and make templates for the supposed airfoil. When compared to either of our ship, the templates don't fit the wing and in a different way on each glider!

YMMV, and most likely will.

Mike B.