Old June 21st 04, 12:07 AM
Andreas Maurer

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 16:45:35 -0000, "karel adams"
wrote:

Thank you Dave
However my situation is reverse: I'm in Europe;
So Thielert is a nearer idea than DeltaHawk....

Please take a closer look at the available Diesel engines, especially
the weight and dimensions. They are heavy, and pretty big.
The Thielert is working well, but is incredibly compley - I strongly
doubt that a home-builder is able to install it properly.

If you are looking for an engine in the 130-160 hp range, check the
Limbach 2400 DT. It's turbo-charged, 135 hp,certified, reliable, very
light (85 kg compared to the 140 kg of a Thielert), small, and with
the turbocharger its optimum operating altitude is at 10.000 - 14.000
ft, giving a good TAS. Fuel consumption as well as price is not much
inferior to a Diesel, and installation is a lot easier.

They just published the new 160 hp version with a regulated
turbocharger.

Bye
Andreas