Old November 13th 20, 02:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default New Google Groups format

On Thu, 12 Nov 2020 22:00:33 -0700, kinsell wrote:

We discussed exactly this maybe six months ago. I use Thunderbird,
which doesn't require new software to be installed, and Usenet messages
are kept segregated from email. Plus it has nice filtering capability
to take out flame-baiters or topics of no interest. It doesn't obscure
email address of posters, so no problem at all doing personal replies.

When I was a Windows user, the best newsreader I found was Forte Agent -
its not free but does have a free trial period. The only reason I'm not
using it now is that I no longer use Windows: if Forte released a Linux
version I'd be using it.

I'm currently using Pan, which is free but no longer, apparently,
maintained, which is annoying, and have also used Thunderbird.

Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org