Old December 3rd 03, 09:10 PM
Kevin Horton

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 16:40:49 +0000, Eric Miller wrote:

"Kevin Horton" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 19:48:35 +0000, Eric Miller wrote:

Anyone got a web address for Navaid?
I searched but failed to find...

Eric

Navaid Devices - http://www.navaid-devices.com/

snip

Kevin Horton RV-8 (finishing kit) Ottawa, Canada
http://go.phpwebhosting.com/~khorton/rv8/ e-mail:
khorton02(_at_)rogers(_dot_)com

Thanks Kevin :-)

Just checked out the site and noticed they have a coupler for using a
handheld GPS... too cool!

Thanks again!

Eric

Although I have a Navaid wing leveler, if I was starting fresh there are a
couple of new units on the market that are definitely worth a look. The
Navaid is pretty agricultural, and the guy who designed it and knew how it
works has died. The guys running the company now apparently only know how
to assemble and sell them. They supposedly aren't much use if you have
problems and need support.

The TruTrak DigiTrak is getting great reviews from users. TruTrak has a
whole family of autopilots with a wide range of capabilities. Jim Younkin,
who created the Century autopilots, and is very well respected for his
skills and integrity is one of the principles in TruTrak.

http://www.trutrakflightsystems.com/ttfsproducts.html

And Trio Avionics has a new system that got a good review from someone I
trust. Trio Avionics is pretty new on the market, and it is too early to
tell whether they are a flash in the pan, or around for the long haul.

http://www.trioavionics.com/
http://go.phpwebhosting.com/~khorton/rv8/article.php?story=20031017210326293