Old June 24th 04, 05:12 AM
Richard Lamb

nauga wrote:

Jerry Springer wrote...

Dave just so there is no confusion about flight testing, just because your

limit is 6g's that does not mean you have to test to 6 g's during phase

one.

Oh, absolutely. My only *required* testing for phase I
was climbs, stalls, and any aerobatics I want to do after
phase I. I wanted to open up the full envelope in phase I,
so 6g's and Vne was a personal decision, one I'm approaching
gradually and as safely as I know how.

I don't expect to revisit either limit post-test, but I do
want *tested* margins outside of the everyday envelope.

Dave 'learn to press, press to test' Hyde

Not being critical, Dave.
Just in the interest of discussion...

I've heard that the Navy absolutely prohibits rolling high G pull ups.
Pulling to the G limit, then adding a sharp roll input can and has bent
some wings.

Smooth, baby, smooth....

Richard