Old November 14th 05, 11:23 PM
TaxSrv

Default Transponder prob..

"Dave" wrote:
Yup... more info.. tech here says there is a timing circuit

that
gets initialized when switched is closed. I can hear the switch
"click" off when released.. He suspects the IC or something
associated with it...

The bummer about that the King VLSI chip is absolutely nothing in
function like the 3 gigahertz Pentium CPU in our now cheapie damn
computer, enormous heat sink now and all that. The service manuals
always say to suspect the big IC last. Disheartening, when you see
King's pricing on a 20-cent, common transistor. I was in an
avionics shop once, and spotted a bin of them common transistors.
Does FAA actually allow them to use those? And do they like just
bill $$ that way per invoice? Oh, the joys of owning airplanes
when it comes to genuine proprietary parts, the VLSI, in avionics
boxes we think are all that complicated, but to a good tech guy
really ain't.

Fred F.