Old August 18th 08, 12:43 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
William Black[_1_]

Default Pakistan's Musharraf to resign as president

"tankfixer" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

"tankfixer" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

"tankfixer" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

"tankfixer" wrote in message
. ..
In article ,
says...

"Zombywoof" wrote in message

Perhaps one day they will simply Nuke each other & be done
with
it.

Except the Pakistanis can't hit anything south of Delhi.

Which means that they can't hit the huge Indian bases in
Maharashtra
and
Goa, which means they're stuffed, and, chances are, India
gets
reunified...

They can't hit those bases with normal means of delivery.

They can't hit them with nukes.

IIRC Goa is a major seaport.
Should be easy to get one there.

Goa is an Indian state with a population in millions.

Yes.
But in this context we are talking Indian military bases are we not ?

There in a major Indian navy fleet base in Goa, but somehow I doubt
the
ability of the Pakistani armed forces to smuggle an atomic bomb into
it.

In any case it's not the only major base the Indian navy has on that
coast,
there's the huge one in Bombay.

Merchant ships travel many places...

Into large naval bases?

Surely the port is more than a naval base.

Seperate installations.

The Indian naval base in Goa is a new build.

Having been a major port into India for thousands of years.

Well no.

It was build by the Portuguese about 500 years ago.

Bombay, where the other big base is, was, famously, built in a malarial
swamp by the British.

The naval base there, built by the British, is a fair way from the docks.

Anyone blowing up a population centre of about 25 million people with an
atomic bomb had better be sure nobody's going to come around later with a
war crimes tribunal...

--
William Black

Time for tea.