Old August 20th 03, 03:12 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Cub Driver" wrote in message

I once did a story about the Missing Man Formation, and had a
wonderful exchange of emails with a navy pilot who'd recently flown
one at Arlington Natl Cemetery.

Probably the thing that amazed me most about the whole thing was that
he was under the control of ATC for the overflight.

Why did that amaze you?

He did get a "discrete", however--a radio frequency all to his own.

Probably UHF and he just happened to be the only aircraft on it at the time.

And he did bust the speed limit for low altitude work.

Do you mean he operated in excess of 250 kias, or in excess of the minimum
safe airspeed for his particular operation?