Old August 1st 03, 06:03 PM
Peter Twydell

In article , Dav1936531
writes
From: (robert arndt)

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...841794%5E401,0

0.html
Rob

I saw video of this guy flying his rig on ABC news. Jumped from somewhere
around 30K using oxygen and a specially heated suit.

I didn't know a Skyvan could get that high. How long would it take?

Since we were discussing glide ratios earlier, I fail to believe he would have
made it that far if his wing set-up was made of lead. He'd have been feeding
the sharks at the bottom of the channel faster then a speeding bullet.

Only if he were plankton; AFAIK the only sharks there are the Basking
kind.

Oh, and he almost "kilt" his own crazy self at the end of the flight when some
of his parachute cords got all tangled up, but it looked like a pretty cool
ride.
Dave

--
Peter