Old May 30th 07, 03:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Carter[_1_]

Default WAAS upgrade for your G1000?

"Dan Luke" wrote in message

Could be really bad. Owners 0f 2004-2006 Cessnas could find the IFR
utility of their airplanes diminishing yearly as the FAA commissions more
LNAV-VNAV WAAS approaches. Can you say "class action suit?"

What about when ADS-B arrives? Will G1000 owners be SOL then, too?

I can't see the FAA decommissioning VOR / ILS / GPS / RNAV approaches as
they bring up new WAAS approaches. I can see that the older G1000s won't be
able to take advantage of the new approaches.

I also don't see this as a big impact for CAP since very, very little of our
flying is done in IMC (except for transport or maybe electronic searches).

I think this will become a marketing / legal issue for Cessna however,
especially if promises were made.

--
Jim Carter
Rogers, Arkansas