Old June 3rd 04, 07:46 PM
Rip

I just had one overhauled by Keystone Instruments in PA.
(http://www.keystoneinstruments.com/) If your TAS has a setting
knob, try some grease around the knob shaft first. They always leak there.

wrote:
Hello all... just looking for input on getting and airspeed indicator
overhauled. Any luck on shops/etc? My True ASI in my cherokee appears to have a bit
of a static leak. Thoughts on shops? I had good luck with Kelly Instruments (KS)
with two gyro overhauls last summer.

Also, any thoughts on whether it's allowed or a good idea to get it repainted
to indicate KTS, rather than MPH on the major (and true) scale. Minor thing, I know,
but everything else I use (charts, GPS, DME, etc) is in NM, and it'd be one less step
to calculating TAS enroute.

-Cory