Old June 4th 04, 01:43 PM
Rip

The static port is connected to the case. The knob shaft goes through
the case, and is supposed to be sealed with an "O" ring. If you grease
the shaft and your static leak goes away, you know where the problem is.

wrote:
Rip wrote:
: I just had one overhauled by Keystone Instruments in PA.
: (
http://www.keystoneinstruments.com/) If your TAS has a setting
: knob, try some grease around the knob shaft first. They always leak there.

I haven't looked too closely at it yet, but I thought there was a thread going
a few weeks ago where people swore the knob didn't matter. That would make sense,
because I can't imagine an ASI like this *NOT* leaking like a seive when the shop
pumps static down to 20kft with the gauge at STP.

-Cory