Old August 23rd 04, 11:48 PM
CB

Dauntless has its problems, the worst of which are the inadequate
explanations in some areas eg Holding patterns. They have the same diagram
and spout the same words whatever the question is about. There are
questions where you give the right answer and the software marks you as
wrong.

Having said that I managed to achieve 97% on both the private and Instrument
real tests using the Dauntless package for doing simulated tests. The
deficiencies just mean you have to be sure the know the correct answers not
just know the appropriate response.

cb

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
ink.net...
After I bought the Dauntless test software I bought the King course. On a
particular question, I couldn't figure out why the answer I kept coming up
with was wrong (I was sure it was right), so I checked it against the
answer
in the King book. The answer in the King book agreed with mine. Once I
found one error I became skeptical and cross checked the answers when
there
was a doubt. I found another error within 25 questions. At that point I
decided that I would just do the best I could on the test.

It worked out OK in the end since I passed with a 94.

Mike
MU-2
"Jon Woellhaf" wrote in message
How did you discover they are wrong?

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Here I am 90min before I have to leave to take the ATP written and I
discover that some of the answers in the software that I have been
using

study for the test are wrong!

Mike
MU-2