Old January 3rd 06, 04:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default ADIZ Violation Explained in AOPA Magazine

Now..now..Jay, Being 70 years old doesn't equate to being a
"dumb****".

Bob Moore 70+

Shoot, Bob, I used to think being 40+ meant "dumb ****"... Funny how
that changes with the perspective of 47 years...

:-)

It's not really an age thing, Bob, it's a retirement thing, and a
currency thing. We've got lots of older guys at our airport who "fly
the bench" WAY more than they actually fly. Dunno if it's a matter of
money, or boredom with flying, or what, but it's just a fact -- and
these guys just get rusty.

This Sheaffer fellow seems an awful lot like some of those guys --
except that he hopped in a 150 and blasted off into the most heavily
defended airspace in the world, almost completely unprepared.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA