Old September 9th 03, 08:03 AM
B2431

From: "Tarver Engineering"
Date: 9/8/2003 7:02 PM Central Daylight Time

snip

The discussion you archive trolled here has to do with jets, where the
static side of the pitot tube requires a temperature probe. From the
engine, the static datum are p1t0.

How much more of an idiot do you really want to be, Dan?

Tarver, once again you have resorted to name calling which simply proves my
point that you would do that rather than answer my request that you name ONCE
that I ever stooped to personal attacks as you said I had.

In any event I have worked many times of aircraft and never herad of p1t0. Many
aircraft use pitot-static tubes and the rest use pitot only tubes with static
ports mounted elsewhere. The only pitot-static instrument that needs
temperature is true airspeed and they get their temperature eith from a
capillary tube as on the C-130 or a electrical temperature bulb. They have no
need of any engine sensor.

If memory serves the F-16 has static ports. The F-4E doesn't.

I guess you will call me names and tell me how wrong I am now.

Dan, U. S. Air Force retired