Old May 30th 07, 03:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke

Default WAAS upgrade for your G1000?

"Frank Eigler" wrote:

What the?! Did any fool ever any proclaim a guarantee of
"non-diminishing IFR utility"?

No, but Cessna and Garmin both said that older G1000s would be upgradable.

Even if they did, how exactly do you
figure that the mere existence of LNAV-VNAV approaches somehow
dimishes the utility of those machines that cannot use them?!

Think about the fact that the FAA is counting on GPS to allow them to do away
with ground based NAV systems--it's already happening. Do you really believe
that won't include some ILS's?

If
anything, they can be a plus --

Haw-haw!

there any LNAV-VNAV family approaches
that do not also have plain LNAV?

Evidently the concept of lower minimums for VNAV is new to you.

Can you say "class action suit?" [...]

Yes, and I can also say "bozo the clown".

Can you do tricks on your tiny bicycle, too?

--
Dan

"How can an idiot be a policeman? Answer me that!"
-Chief Inspector Dreyfus