Old February 5th 10, 09:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.soaring,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting
Sam Spade

Default Glaze Ice

Mxsmanic wrote:
Sam Spade writes:

He was working in an environment with seasoned test pilots and had
access to controlled icing experiments. He wasn't pulling his
observations out of his backside.

But he and I agree. So I cannot be wrong if he is right.

You're missing the point. You have no experience flying a real
airplane, not even student pilot pre-solo training. So, you can't
possibly know about the variables of serious instrument flying, which
has one set of skill requirements and operating limitations for light
aircraft IFR, and a different but related skill set and operating
limitations for flying transport jet aircraft. And, you don't have a
support system of highly trained and experienced test pilots; which
wouldn't do you any good in any case.

The gentleman to which you refer had a full team of technical experts
and equipment for testing and experimentation. And, he brought
considerable academic credentials to the table. I am sure he would be
thrilled to learn that you agree with him, for he could rest knowing
that the world's greatest PC pilot has validated his work.