Old May 17th 18, 05:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Carlyle

Default InReach Usage, SAR Insurance Plans

Ron,

I searched RAS before I posted, and I just tried again. I wasn't able to find any threads where medical evacuation insurance was discussed. Do you have any links? Thanks!

-John, Q3

On Thursday, May 17, 2018 at 9:57:42 AM UTC-4, Ron Gleason wrote:
Many municipalities provide S&R operations using employees and volunteers.. If needed they may rely on private entities to provide evacuation such as helicopters. This is where your costs go way up. There are numerous policies you can purchase, search this forum as it has been discussed before.

You can also look locally for good deals, in CO if you have a fishing license a level of S&R insurance is provided