Old November 24th 03, 10:18 PM
Thierry

Hi All,

Have a look at http://www.proxalert.com

The new R5 compares to the Ryan 8800 silver but in the 1000 USD range.
Terry

(Snowbird) wrote in message . com...
"Bill Padley" wrote in message ...

For those thinking of TCAS,
I just took delivery of the first UK import of Surecheck trafficscope
VRX..the successor to TPAS...much nicer ....
maybe worth considering instead of TPAS on your shopping list! -its out in
the USA already

http://surecheck.net/five/avionics/vrx/

Interesting, but I wish the web site had more details about
how it works. For example, how does the built-in-altimeter work?
How does it cope with pressure changes? How does it develop
distance and altitude information on other aircraft? Does
it develop range, too?

I hope you'll put in a pirep as you get more used to it.

What concerns me is, when I most want "extra eyes" watching
for me is w/in a few miles of an airport. Yet there can be
5 planes in the vicinity of our airport, heck within 1.5 miles,
and none of them a threat to me. I'm afraid when I most need
such a device it would be nothing but a continuous cry of
"Wolf! Wolf!"

Cheers,
Sydney