Old February 11th 06, 06:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Hayward Air Race May 18021, 2006

How good are YOU with a map, E6B and a stopwatch?

I don't know if this is of any interest to the group, but the Hayward Air
Race is going to be held on May 18-21.

It is a graded, precision event much like a road rally, except we do it in
airplanes. The event is run in two legs. From Hayward, CA to Bakersfield,
CA and from Bakersfield to Laughlin, NV. The entrants receive a waypoint
briefing the day before the event and then go away to plan the routes. On
the morning of the race, the pilots turn in their estimates of time and
fuel. After that, all they have to do is to go fly the plan. Sounds easy -
doesn't it?

So, I ask you again - How good are YOU with a map, E6B and a stopwatch?
(This is the Basic Class)

We also have classes that allow VOR navigation, DME, RNAV, LORAN and GPS
navigation tools.

Entry forms and lots of other information can be found at
www.hwdairrace.org - Attached is a flyer that gives a bit more information.

I invite you to Come and Play with us. The race is a blast - And, there is
a nice party in Laughlin where we recognize the best performers.

Thanks

Gary Waldeck
Co-Chair Hayward Air Race