Old March 11th 07, 07:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mxsmanic

Default MS Flight Sim

Judah writes:

By your definition, birds do something other than fly.

They don't have a yoke or rudder to manipulate, and they don't get the
"leans," so by the definition of many other pilots here, they aren't flying,
either.

Flying means being carried aloft.

So elevators fly.

That's how Webster sees it.

There's no such thing as "Webster." It's a meaningless generic term applied
to dictionaries to make them sound authoritative.

Manic's problem has nothing to do with flying, knowledge, or procedures.
It has everything to do with respect and attitude.

True. People here aren't interested in being correct or incorrect, or
discussing aviation. They are interested in maintaining a social club with a
stereotypical male pecking order. I'm not interested in playing the game or
asking for permission to enter the treehouse, and so I'm the enemy. Aviation
has nothing to do with it. The nominal topic of a newsgroup _never_ has
anything to do with it, despite the claims of the club members to the
contrary.

We all know that if he had
just a momentary glimpse of the rainbow he would "get it".

No, I wouldn't. Most people have trouble understanding and accepting that not
everyone is like themselves. These people tell me that I'll "get it" when I
have experience X. But I know myself better than they do, and I know that I
won't change. I never have in the past. But that makes me different from
them, and so that is something they cannot grasp.