Old September 12th 18, 12:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom[_21_]

Default Accidents resulting from medical issues

As pointed out - an accident impacts the whole sport, family, friends, the line kid who launched you, first responders, local general aviation, the airport and the community in general. It effects insurance rates, perception of risk among potential pilots and passengers.

I will always have in my mind the tragedies I've witnessed or have been involved with as either an investigator, witness or the person who has had to deal with the outcome in one way or another.

No one "flies alone".

Regards, Tom