Old October 24th 18, 08:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Agnew

Default ASW-19 Maximum Weight

Is it just me? I must say, in my 36 years as a pilot, I've never searched for the TCDS on any aircraft or rotorcraft I've flown in order to do a W&B calculation. Until the proliferation of the internet, it was nearly impossible to find a TCDS to reference.

The Operating Manual has the weight limits spelled out and includes a W&B diagram for reference. If the FAA decided to make an issue of it, they'd have to challenge themselves for not requiring an Operation Manual change notice to account for the difference between the ops manual and their paperwork..

Get a fresh weighing, don't exceed the manual limits, and have a blast flying the ASW-19.

Paul A.
ASW-19 #193