Old April 11th 07, 04:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.travel.air
Newps

Default Air controller fatigue linked to accidents

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
Mxsmanic the colossal idiot wrote:

See

http://us.cnn.com/2007/US/04/10/cont...gue/index.html

The Comair Cradh

"The controller in the tower had worked a 6:30 a.m.-to-2:30 p.m. shift the
day before the accident, then returned nine hours later and worked from
11:30 p.m. until the 6:07 a.m. accident, the NTSB says. He told
investigators his only sleep between shifts was a two-hour nap."

That's nine hours and he knew he had another shift coming up. What is the
FAA expected to do, send someone home with him and make sure he goes to
sleep?

If I get two hours sleep before my mid shift I am thrilled.