Old March 26th 05, 02:05 PM
Jay Honeck

Now I am NOT lifting my own body weight! This is weight training I'm
talking about, not weight lifting. And I use the machines, not free
weights. I choose a weight with which I can do 8-10 repetitions.

Same here. I go for maximum reps, not maximum weight.

With bench press I do 100 reps every other day, in 5 sets of 20 -- but it's
only 70 pounds. The idea is to build stamina and cardiovascular, not bulk.

Lower body (which we do on the "off" days from upper body) is a bit more
strenuous, but we're still talking 50 reps of all exercises, in 5 sets of
10 -- which tells you that we're not lifting the max weight possible.

And I walk a mile every morning, briskly.

And my BP is still high, dang it. :-(
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA