Old August 12th 17, 07:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roy B.

Default Standards for competition reporting

Adrian
You make an excellent point. Part of the problem in the reporting of contests seems to be a reluctance for the "official" SSA contest page (which sometimes carries Contest Director reports and sometimes not) to reference or advise the reader of "unofficial" reports that may be also be available. For example I was frustrated by the absence of daily reports about the Uvalde 18m Nationals until somebody directed me to Sean Fidler's Facebook page - which had lots of good information, videos and write-ups. Similarly, some competitors (Tom Kelley, Dave Nadler) also post blogs that are interesting. But if you don't know that these exist or how to find them, it is frustrating. We need to do a better job in informing people as to what reports are out there and a starting point would be for contests to inform us about where alternative channels of information are.
ROY