Old March 21st 06, 01:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

Default microsoft flightsim

The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:
On 19 Mar 2006 10:27:16 -0800, "FatKat" wrote:

Cal Vanize wrote:
FatKat wrote:

Murmur wrote:

The next version, FSX, should be out by the end of 2006.

Which means that the computer/OS that can run it crash-free or
stutter/free should be out around Q4 of 2008.

Just remember not to get the one from Dell.

Just remember not to get anything from Dell.

I guess I shouldn't really complain. My Dell, slightly less than a
year old, is still a dependable machine. I just wish it came at least
with an AGP port or some way to add one. It was a gift, yet I would
have been snookered as easily - in this day and age, a system with
nothing more than PCI....

You sure it's not PCI Express???

I wish - no, it's not PCI-e, it's not Express anything. It's a Dell
Dimension that was a gift. Truth be told, I wouldn't have paid much
attention to stats other than DVD Burner and CPU type, assuming that
AGP at least would have been added. I've now learned a very valuable
lesson. I've also learned a lot about on-board graphics, or should
say, I've learned that you don't get a lot from on-board graphics.