Old July 21st 04, 08:41 AM
Gerald Sylvester

Default Jackass, NV Airport U75

I am going to be flying from the Bay Area to Las Vegas next week in an
Archer. I've been looking for a place a little more interesting to take
a short break other than Modesto or Fresno grin. I was thinking about
stopping off to fuel up at Jackass, NV U75. It is an unpaved runway.
Any PIREPS on the condition of it? Any FBO's to pick up a shirt
commemorating landing at such a lovely named village/airport?

As for routes, depending on winds, I might go over the Sierra (FRA
to MMH and then south along the 395) or go further south where winds
and altitude aren't as big a factor. As for other places, I'm
thinking about MMH, BIH (photo gallery of Galen Rowell whose wife
wrote a GREAT book about flying just before they died in an accident
in august or september of 2002 at BIH).

Thanks in advance
Gerald Sylvester
PPL-ASEL 12/17/03