Old December 5th 06, 04:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Hilton

Default Question of aborted landing after instrument approach

Peter R. wrote:
wrote:

Later, though, I started thinking about how this might have played out
if I had been on an instrument approach. Say I was on an ILS (HAF has
none, but pretend) at minimums, and I had to abort the landing after
the MAP. The weather is way below circling, so I need to get back up
again. It's too late to fly the missed. What can I safely do? The only
thing that comes to mind is to fly a departure procedure like an ODP.

If conditions were that low, no VFR aircraft would be taking off, and no
IFR aircraft would be released until you landed or canceled IFR.

You need to read more NTSB accident reports.

Hilton