Old August 14th 17, 06:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
LongJourney

Default What canopy adhesive to use?

I've done a search in both RAS and on the web but I'm not finding the information I'm looking for. I'm restoring a 1963 S Austria and one of the previous owners used what I think is Sikaflex to bond the canopy glass to the metal canopy frame. It's now separating badly. What should I use to bond the plexiglass to the frame? And should I prime the metal frame and then scuff it where the glass will be bonded, or leave it bare until after the glass is glued on?

Thanks for your help,

Jeff