Old June 29th 12, 08:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_4_]

Default 18 Meter Nationals

I love these discussions. They crack me up.

Dave, you still missed the point -- shame on you!

Jerzy won, not the damned glider!

Jerzy and Chip are at the top of their game right now and great fun to
fly with (for as long as you can). I happened to get hot for an hour
or two and flew with Jerzy for while on what must have been his off
day. It was a really neat experience. Flying with Jerzy, you don't
need vario. He's always in the best air. Always. You keep an eye
on the averager, but you just don't need the vario.

The DH flies fine. Remarkable considering that a few things were
typically prototype rough around the edges (cough, spoiler caps,
cough), so it's one to watch. But at Mifflin it was not a super
glider. Chip's flying it *really* well.

-Evan Ludeman / T8