Old August 10th 03, 09:31 PM
Big John

Tony

Technique to reduce prop damage from picking anything up off the R/W.

If there is enough runway, start rolling with only a little RPM. After
you are rolling, slowly and smoothly add throttle to TO power.

If short R/W then you may need full power from start and cannot use
above.

We used this a lot in Military to not nick the prop(s) on dirt,
laderite or, gravel strips..

We also carried a small (5 inch) fine ******* file and if we got any
nicks we ran the file up and down the leading edge to remove so they
wouldn't turn into cracks in the prop.

Have a good trip.

Big John

On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 00:25:37 GMT, "Tony Cox" wrote:

Has anyone been there recently (L37)? It's gravel,
right? I'm worrying about scratching up my nice new
prop.....