Old January 12th 07, 07:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nyal Williams

Default Libelle Camelbak stowage

I put mine right beside me on my right side with no
further tiedown (Discus B) standing upright and behind
the back rest. (I'm a little guy and there is enough
room for that; don't remember about the Libelle cockpit
arrangement.

Why not put it in front of your chest under the harness?
Again, a little guy solution.

At 19:36 12 January 2007, Jcarlyle wrote:
I put the Camelbak just in back of my head, in front
of the spars,
wrapping its harness around the spar safety pins to
keep it secure.
Nothing else is there except for the battery, so there's
no need to
fret about fouling flight controls.

My Camelbak will indeed leak if the tube isn't kept
nearly horizontal.
When I put it in the plane I route the tube outside
the cockpit, and
after I'm in I route it over my shoulder and then under
my shoulder
harness. Once (but only once) I got out and left the
tube dangling on
the seat. I discovered after I'd gotten in again that
it takes a long
time for your pants and underpants to dry out...

-John

Martin Gregorie wrote:

Ouch. But, surely that means putting the Camelbak
through the hatch
behind the spars? That makes my teeth itch: there
are far too many
control runs back there for it to get tangled up with.

(from another message)

Is there an issue with the Camelbak dribbling down
your neck or on your
pants (if you leave the tube dangling) if its behind
your head?