Old September 21st 03, 09:33 PM
David O

"Frederick Wilson" wrote:

I saw a thing on Travel Channel tonight that was showing off the EZRocket.
This raised a couple of questions.

It looked like he has that thing going straight up. How can this be, with
that canard wing. Other than just brute force I thought for sure it would
stall?

Second, what is the landing speed of one of them things? It seemed like he
was hauling @$$ when he landed.

Thanks,
Fred

The best angle of climb is about 42 degrees at 80 kt, where the rate
of climb is about 5,500 fpm. The best rate of climb is about 10,000
fpm at the airplane's Vne (never exceed speed) of 195 kt, where the
angle of climb is about 30 degrees. The two rocket engines produce
400 pounds of thrust each. Touchdown speed is 55 to 60 kt just like
any other long EZ.

You'll find some close-up pictures and info in my Oshkosh Scrapbook
from last year, www.AirplaneZone.com/Oshkosh/Scrapbook2002

Select "Index" and scroll down to "Xcor EZ Rocket".

David O