Old June 3rd 11, 08:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default making a wing wheel

yes, a cuff for a ground handling wheel. i decided the cherokee needs
tow out gear. next up a clamshell trailer and one man rigger.

thanks for the input guys. Bob especially, thanks for the rough
numbers. I'll keep the MEKP out of my eyes. Used a little of the
stuff last night making a rudder cap. it worked well although pot
life was crazy short in our 95 degree heat. i also probably used a
bit too much hardener. used less in batch two and it lasted longer.
i'll need to refine my "that seems about right" method of mixing i
guess.

i think i'd prefer to have a heavy wing wheel rather than a light one.
heavy helps keep that wheel on the ground. a friend has a sweet
lightweight aluminum frame wheel setup. its great for lifting but in
a good kansas wind sometimes it lifts off.