Old June 12th 06, 11:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Why don't wings have dimples?

Thanks everyone for the great answers vto my silly question.
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe wrote:

So maybe you could use dimples on fairings, fuselage or struts,
especially
if the struts are circular tubing, eh?

--

FF

Could be. Somewhere or another I saw some wind tunnel data on golf balls
that nicely showed how the flow remained attached further around the back
side (no spin was involved - just a reduction in the wake). But you would
have to find out what the range of Reynolds number this works for...

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com