Old October 12th 06, 02:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

Default MH-60R and MH-60S

Henry J Cobb wrote:

With the anti-mine capabilities of the MH-60S, won't we see MH-60S on
LCS and MH-60R on destroyers?

Then the carriers should carry mostly MH-60S for cargo and rescue missions.

-HJC

Well, I think there is still a lot of place for MH-60R on carriers -
due to their ASW and ASuW roles. And I would not overestimate MH-60S
anti-mine capabilities - the Navy still tends to keep their MH-53E or
future CH-53K versions.

One good thing is that aircraft (from just two CVW-assigned squadrons,
no longer a myriad of separate detachments from various units) may be
rotating between particular ships according to maintenance and
warfighting needs.

Best regards,
Jacek