Old March 18th 20, 11:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

Default 1981 Cobra trailer gas struts

On Tuesday, March 17, 2020 at 9:11:53 AM UTC-7, David Cleveland wrote:
Yeah. Whoops. That last post was from David Cleveland. I was using someone's else's computer.

David

I also used American Gas Springs for my Cobra Trailer. I used 1300 newtons.. Measure the extended length and the retracted length and be sure and include the correct fitting lengths in the calculation. I held the top up with a crane and replaced the struts. Be especially specific on the extended length and retracted length. If it is too long the mechanism will go over center too short and the top will not close. I went to the factory 40 miles north of me Medford, Or and picked up the gas springs. The make lots of stuff that involve gas springs.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com