Old August 21st 03, 05:59 PM
Dr. Anthony J. Lomenzo

Montblack wrote:

("Capt. Doug" wrote)

(pilots vs. controllers- what a softball game that would be!)

Man on 3rd base....You are not authorized to cross Home plate. Repeat...hold
short of Home plate!

Person holding short of 1st base, you may now taxi back to the dugout -
you're out.

Ahh, a double play in the making, on a ball hit over the centerfielder's
head.

--
Montblack

Dare I ask the classic A&C bit, to wit, 'who' is on first...'what' is on
second....and 'I don't know' is on third?

Doc Tony
;-)

[suddenly...]

George H. "Let's get serious [!] here, Doc! What we need are 'team'
names! In effect, what is the 'team' name for the the ATC controllers
and what is the 'team' name for the pilots? Something 'catchy' perhaps!"

Chip: "Well, how's this: 'Air Wizards' for the ATC folks [pauses...] and
'TINJOCKEYS" for the pilots?"

X: [JD/LL.B. type from one of the av groups!] "Objection! The name
'tinjockeys' is clearly an inequitable visual analogy when the other
team bears the otherwise superlative name of alleged 'air wizards'!"

Y: [quickly grabs the Black Robe from the chair nearest the KB and
assumes an ad hoc judicial posture.... !] "Objection over-ruled!"

X: "Exception!"

Y: "Noted!"

Doc Tony: "How about we take the acronym approach! What say ye to the
"DAMNED" [Descend And Maintain Normal Equated Distance] for the ATC
folks and the "CAVULARIOS" for the pilots?"

George H. "Nahhhh. Simply "AIRS" for 'us' that fly versus "SEATS" for
'them' that sits!"

Chip: [and duly noting George's comment.....] "Well, as an alternative,
what say to the "SCOPES" versus the "GROPES" !"

;-)

Ohhh, what harm.

[from the other thread...and STILL at it...throat well coarse now! ]

Jim Fisher: "SEND DOWN 50' OF ROPE.....fer cryin' out loud!"

great flick, that one!

[but to my utter surprise...talking about flicks...]

Montblack: [doing the commanding officer to Detective 'Popeye' Doyle
bit...] "You know your hunches have been wrong before, Doc, or have you
forgotten about that?"

;-)

Jim Fisher: [the man loves those old flicks! Reverts and gets very
serious....indeed angry!!] "Six weeks my partner and I worked this case
and WHO do we come up with...PETE DUNIHO fer cripes sake...now you
gotta' give us that warrant!" [*later for 'Joel Weinstock'..the actual
script line]