Old July 29th 07, 04:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Just Plane Noise[_2_]

Default Friday 072707 in Oshkosh Pt 1 - the Raptor [01/30] - "F22 lifting off 18 after very short takeoff roll.jpg" yEnc (0/1)

On 29 Jul 2007 10:51:02 -0500, AWem wrote:

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 00:36:36 -0500, ck (Just Plane
Noise) wrote:

EAA didn't save the star of the show for last, and neither will I. The F22
Raptor put on a show that was mightily impressive, even though without
some of the tricks in the Air Force's video. Following that, it joined
up with a P38 (the famed Glacier Girl--one of TWO at Oshkosh this year) and an F86.

Tomorrow perhaps the C17 and B2

A great series of pictures and very decsriptive - thanks.

I'd imagine that, to see it for real, I'd get that same sense of "new
excitement" that I got when I watched the BAe Harrier first perform
its impossible routines.

Andy

Yes indeed! People's jaws seem to drop even lower than they did with
the Harrier, though, and that certainly was true for me. It adds an
element of finesse to the power of its immediate F-teen precessors.