Old March 20th 05, 04:45 PM
Ed Byars

Bob: I have a 296 I use as a back up in my power plane. I up graded from a
295. I don't think the color of the 296 is as good as the 295 in sunlight. I
got the 296 after I disposed of my last glider (little incident made the
insurance co. decide to buy it), so I have not tried it in a glider, but my
few thousand hours of glider time says that you would not be satisfied with
the 296 in direct sunlight. B&W 196 would be better. Both are bulky and will
be hard to mount in a glider.
My2 cents. Good luck,
ED Byars
"Bob Jenneson" wrote in message
I have just sold my Garmin Pilot 3 and want to upgrade to another
Garmin, possible a 196 or a 296.
I have a mate with a 196 and it does a great job. Has anybody had any
first
hand experience with the new colour 296?
What is the colour screen like to read especially in a sunny cockpit?
Is it worth the extra cash?
You can only get so much info of a web site!

Thanks, Bob.