Old July 18th 03, 04:04 PM
journeyman

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 18:41:19 -0500, Neal wrote:

BTW, FYI, Slackware is 10 years old today :-)
That was my first exposure to Linux back in fall of '93 when me and
co-workers downloaded the floppy image files from a BBS over a 2400
baud modem. Those were the days!

I installed my first slackware, must've been '94 or '95 on a Toshiba
486 laptop. 25 MHz, 4 MB RAM, 350 MB hard disk. Not enough power to
run XWindows, but a buddy who had a similar configuration sure tried.

Downloaded it to the university where I was working and wrote all 50
floppy disks.

ObAvition: does anyone have a good flight simulator for Linux? I'm
looking for something I can practice instrument approach procedures...

Morris (feeling like an oldtimer)